Friday, November 4, 2011

Texas

Hello my minions! I am in Dallas, Texas! Why, you may ask, am I in Dallas? Two of my parent's friends are getting married tomorrow! We flew in yesterday and had a crazy day. We woke up at 3:30 am and drove to the airport, we got on our flight with no problem. After we flew to Atlanta we got on another plane and flew to Dallas. WE tried to get a taxi/shuttle thing to take us to our hotel, but that's where it got crazy. We tried to ask the driver the price and (in a foreign and very hard to understand accent) "no! Get in, let me take your bags and I will tell you the price! We all got in and got situated with our bags in the trunk, and he started driving. Luckily he was driving real slow because we were still right outside the airport. WE asked him how much it was and he told us $85.00 for the six people. We told him that we weren't paying that and that we wanted to get out and find a different taxi. He wouldn't stop the car! He told us that he was giving us a big discount from the normal price and that we wouldn't find anything cheaper and kept arguing with us, yelling! We eventually got him to stop the van and we like jumped out and found another taxi for much cheaper. Even if it was more expensive, we wouldn't have gone back to that creepy kidnapper guy because these guys were nice and not creepy. So that was the first experience I had in Dallas. After we got to the hotel we unpacked and went to the hotel's cafe for lunch. They messed up my order and I got SO frustrated! Eventually I got my food (it wasn't worth the time or money, but I ate it anyway). This hotel was super creepy too yesterday. It reminded me of that part in Inception (awesome movie BTW) where Leonardo DiCaprio was in the guy's dream and they were in a little, modern cafe and talking about how they know it's a dream because they can't remember how they got there. My dad said it reminded him of the Twighlight Zone.The hotel is a little less creepy now, especially because there is a whole soccer team here from a nearby college. So, we got Starbucks for breakfast (I am now addicted to the so, chai tea, latte thingy)(and I guess using parentheses) and I am sitting at one of the computers in the "Business Center" of the hotel (which is really just a room with two desktops and computer chairs. I am excited for my spa appointment tomorrow, and of course the wedding tomorrow. I'll tell you all about it later. Bye bye!

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky, sounds like you're having a good time! (well, besides the creepy cab driver and the bad food). Have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...