Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hogsmeade & Hogwarts

Do you remember me mentioning a vacation? Well, I'm back! I got back on sunday night (I've been lazily pinning and beach-going all week). Anyways, the first part of my trip was to Hogsmeade. I went into all of the adorable little stores and had a lunch of a turkey leg and salad at the Three Broomsticks. Not only did I enjoy a few frozen butterbeers, but I became addicted. The worst part about leaving was that you can't get butterbeer like that anywhere else. I bought a wand at Ollivander's too! It was amazing to see the little town that I had read about and imagined for years right in front of my eyes!
This is what you see when you look around you when you enter Hogsmeade, gaping like a kid in a candy store (or a witch in Honeydukes). I also swung  by Hogwarts to visit some of my Professor friends and play a game of Quidditch or two.

Okay, so I'm sure you know I didn't actually go to the real magical town and school. I did, however, go to the ones at the Universal Studios themepark in Orlando, Florida. I had a great time! Like I said, it was amazing to see how realistic the place that I have dreamed of for years looked (and how good butterbeer and pumpkin juice are). What was my favorite part...besides butterbeer? The Hogwarts ride for sure! It was so cool! Even waiting in line was cool because parts of it went through the castle. The ride was so amazing! I really enjoyed the experience and would reccomend it to any other potterheads. This is what I alwayas imagined seeing when I entered the castle as a first year:
After leaving Florida I went to my cousin's house for a few days.

Make sure to check out the blog of the person who ate half my turkey leg and shared her butterbeer with me when I finished mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...