Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Beginnig of July

Lately I have noticed something. My summer has been super exciting!
This week one of my Dad's old friends was visiting. One night for dinner we went to a lovely resturant on the water. While we were there she decided that we should go parasailing. I have been wanting to do that for a while and so the next morning (the fourth of july) my dad called a place and we were on a boat by 9:00 am. I had a great time. It was probably one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life. You start out on a boat ride (which is fun by itself) then you get harnessed up and lifted in to the air. It is a very relaxing ride once you realize that it is safe and you are finished reassuring the person (or people) you are with that there are no sharks below you that will eat you when you get dipped in the water. Plus, the view is amazing.
My dad took this picture of our feet while we were in the air. Please excuse any blurriness in the photo. After all we were suspended over the Atlantic Ocean and his hands were shaking because he was afraid of dropping the camera, knowing he couldn't get it back of he did.

So that was only my morning. The rest of my day was fun too (although less thrilling). Some of my family came over to our house and also some of their friends. Later that night I went to a friend's cookout for fireworks since they live near the beach. At my house we just made a bunch of food and some of us played in the pool. The only thing I actually made was jello. I know it doesn't sound exciting, but it turned out so cute! I made the jello jiggler recipe on the side of the box. I made red and blue jello and used cookie cutters to make shapes once it solidified. I am still eating the leftovers!
Cute right?
 
I almost forgot to say that I went stand-up paddleboarding yesterday! A friend of my aunt gives lessons, so I got one! It was super fun but today my shoulders are super sore. If you are thinking of trying it for the first time I would like to warn you that it is nothing like surfing and it is okay to fall.
I hope you are enjoying your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...